Learned over the past five years as a VC.
- Better to solve a very specific problem very well than try to be too broad
- Quality of the founding team is critical
- Storytelling skills are very important (to all stakeholders)
- There is a need for a clear insight
- Operational/execution skills are hard to come by -- few people can do, lots more people can talk the talk
- There is a lot of work to be done (at all times) to keep moving the business forward -- resilience/tenacity is a pretty important trait
- You need to be nimble and savvy to find the ideal solution, and to modify your plans according to the circumstances